If you’re trying to find a solution on how to allocate more RAM to Roblox. Then you’re at the right place. In this guide, we are going to discuss step-by-step methods to how to allocate more RAM to Roblox.
Roblox Corporation developed Roblox by David Baszucki as an online game platform, and not just that, it also lets you create your own games. You can create games through Roblox’s built-in game creation system, Roblox Studio.
As you play game and progress through levels, you need more RAM space for your game play. This is when you wonder how to allocate more RAM to Roblox. It makes gameplay fairly faster and glitch-free.
Depending on your device how to allocate more RAM to Roblox method may vary. The methods are fairly simple and requires some steps. But if you follow this guide, you will successfully know how to allocate more RAM to Roblox.
Roblox has an enormous fan base, most of which are people younger than 18. A massive collection of games created by its player community are available on the platform.
You can install Roblox on your desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile phone, and then you can play games created by the player community or create a game of your own. The desktop version is preferred by seasoned gamers.
The players can add their friends and play with them while chatting in different games available on the platform. This feature increases your enjoyment in the games like Battle Royal, Prison Escape and many more! The list never ends.
Every game on the platform is built on the same Roblox engine provided by the developers. But the games with more data and high graphics require more RAM and a better system to run without lagging.
The RAM required for a Roblox game is around 300 to 600 MB. It may increase/decrease depending on the game quality. So, let’s discuss how to Allocate more RAM to Roblox.
Also: Are you looking for ways to get free clothes on Roblox? Read this guide and get unlimited clothes for your avatar.
How to Allocate More RAM to Roblox?
There are few things you need to understand before we proceed to how to allocate more RAM to Roblox.
Most games allow the player to allocate the RAM through the game settings. Undoubtedly, it’s the most common and effective way of allocating more RAM for a specific game. Some kinds of software limit the amount of RAM used based on their default settings.
Many software and applications like ‘Adobe’, let the user control how much RAM is provided to them or, in simple words, “allocated to them”. You can control the RAM allocation through the app’s settings.
The Steam games also use the same format and let you control the RAM allocation. But sadly, Roblox does not let you control the RAM allocation like other platforms and applications. So, we must find different methods, how to allocate more RAM to Roblox.
Allow Windows 10 to Allocate More RAM
To run any app or a game smoothly, you’ve to ensure that Roblox or any other application is allowing Windows to allocate RAM as required.
How to Allocate More RAM to Roblox by Allowing Windows
So, by allowing Windows to allocate RAM, the software will run smoothly, and to do that, follow these steps:
- Go to File Explorer Right-click on This PC and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Advanced Settings option and select Settings.
- Go to the Visual Effects tab and make sure that Adjust for best performance option is enabled.
- Press Apply and restart your PC. you’re good to go. Windows is now allowed to allocate RAM.
Make sure you follow the steps accordingly to avoid any confusion. Allowing Windows to allocate RAM will boost your PC’s performance.
Your games will run more smoothly than before. So, we hope we have solved your problem, how to allocate more RAM to Roblox with this method.
Close Unnecessary Applications
If multiple applications are running at once, it will affect the performance of your game, like Roblox and prevent it from giving all it has.
So, if you’re multitasking while playing Roblox or some other game, that might not be a good thing to do. It would be best if you stopped all other running programs like web browsers, WhatsApp and antiviruses.
Make sure that these applications have stopped using the RAM resources by ending them completely. Or else it will put a load on your device and affect your games’ performance.
Follow these steps how to allocate more RAM to Roblox and ensure no other app is using the RAM resources.
- Go to Task Manager.
- Check the Process Tab to see what apps are using the RAM.
- To stop each application, right-click on it and then select the End Task option.
This will help your device by forcing less load on it. It will automatically enhance your PC’s performance, and Roblox will run a bit more smoothly.
Shut Down Background Programs
You might think you’re done after stopping all the tasks from the Task Manager. But no! Because not all applications present themselves on Task Manager, these background apps can secretly use up a large amount of your RAM resources.
So, to end these hidden applications, you’ll have to access them through these simple steps.
- Search Background Apps on your Windows search bar next to your start button.
- A list of all the applications that are running in the background will appear on your screens. Even when they are closed, you can see them.
- You can turn them off temporarily by using the switch present at the top of the list of applications while playing Roblox. When you’re done playing, turn it back on.
- You can even go through the list and stop specific applications individually, the ones you don’t need.
Disable Unwanted Services
Multiple unwanted services run on your computer and use your RAM resources. So, you should disable these unwanted services and free up some space.
Follow these steps to disable these services:
- Search “System Configuration” in the Windows search bar and open the program.
- A list of currently running services will appear on your screen.
- Make sure you don’t mess with any sensitive system services. So, to avoid that, click on Hide all Microsoft services, so you won’t accidentally disable any critical system service.
- Now, check the list to find any unwanted service on your PC.
- Click Apply and OK and Restart your computer for the changes to take place.
This a great way of how to allocate more RAM to Roblox.
Set a Higher Priority for Roblox
Another method to increase your Roblox performance is to change the priority to higher. This will allocate more RAM to Roblox. All you need to do is follow these simple steps how to allocate more RAM to Roblox and set the priority for your game.
- Open Roblox, select a game you want to play and run it.
- Go to Task Manager by right clicking the Window logo.
- Go to the Details tab.
- Among the running programs, you’ll see RobloxPlayerBeta.exe.
- Right-click on it and click on Set Priority.
- Set your desired priority from Real-Time to low.
- Press Change Priority, and you’re good to go.
You can choose High or Above Normal to allocate more RAM to Roblox. Now Roblox has access to more RAM than before. Remember, these settings are not permanent for apps like Roblox. You’ll have to follow all the steps mentioned above every time you reboot your PC.
Increase Virtual Memory
VRAM (Virtual Memory) is a type of RAM that stores image data for the display of the computer. The main purpose of Virtual Memory is to ensure the execution of an even and smooth display of graphics.
If we increase the VRAM of the PC, the system is able to compensate for the shortage of physical memory. To do that, VRAM transfers the data from RAM to disc storage to increase memory. You can increase the VRAM or Virtual Memory using two methods:
To increase your VRAM (Virtual Memory) through the Control Panel, follow these steps.
- Go to your Windows search box and type Control Panel, and open the application.
- Go to System and Security and select the System link.
- From the settings window, select Advanced System Settings, available at the right side of the menu.
- In Advanced settings, click on the Settings button under the Performance section.
- In Advanced settings, click on the Programs option, and press the Change button.
- Disable the Automatically manage paging size option from the Virtual Memory windows.
- Select the C-Drive and click on the Custom size option.
- Now, you’re able to set the initial and maximum virtual memory size.
- You can find the recommended memory size Under the Total Paging File Size for All Drives.
- Set that recommended size number as the initial virtual memory size. The limit is 1.5x than your physical RAM size in megabytes for the maximum VRAM.
[Let’s say you’ve got 8 GB memory installed, then you’ve also got the option to put 12GB, equal to 12 K MB, as the maximum number]
- Click on the Set option and then press the OK button.
- Before rebooting your PC, double-check the changes.
BIOS is the second method to increase the virtual memory of your PC and easier way how to allocate more RAM to Roblox. BIOS stands for ‘Basic Input/Output System’. It’s a program that a computer’s microprocessor uses to start the computer system after it is powered on.
BIOS also manages the flow of data between the operating system and attached devices, such as the keyboard, mouse, printer, video adapter, and hard disk.
The first thing you need to do is enter the BIOS before talking about the VRAM stuff and anything else. Every computer has a different procedure for entering the BIOS interface, depending on the model of the system.
To enter the interface, you’ve to reboot your PC, and while it’s starting up, press the following keys repeatedly:
And press the ‘Esc’.
This combination of keys is not the same for every computer. You can check the PC manually or contact the computer manufacturer to get the correct key for entering BIOS. If you successfully enter the BIOS interface, follow these steps to increase your PC’s VRAM (Virtual Memory).
- Go to the Advanced section.
- Once you find the Graphics Settings, click on it.
- (Alternative): If you cannot find the Graphics Settings, look for the VGA Share Memory Size or Video Settings and select them instead.
- Now, change the size of the VRAM and save it.
- Reboot your PC.
If you’re running regular Roblox games, you probably won’t face any issues regarding RAM. However, some very detailed games on Roblox might require more memory.
So, it is easy to say that the apps and programs that you are running on your PC don’t have access to sufficient RAM capacity; they won’t work the way you want them to and in that case, you need to figure out how to allocate more RAM to Roblox.
Your Roblox game will most probably lag, freeze and may even crash while playing due to low RAM capacity. The programs you’re running need enough RAM capacity to run properly; you have to get a sufficient amount of physical RAM installed on your system.
Minimum System Requirements for Roblox
Now that we’ve discussed enough, how to allocate more RAM to Roblox, let’s talk about the minimum requirements that your device needs to run Roblox.
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 can run Roblox without any issues.
- CPU Requirements: You’ll be required to have a new CPU built after 2005. The clock speed needs to be 1.6 GHz or, if possible, better than 1.6 GHz.
- GPU: Roblox demands DirectX 10 or higher feature-level support for smooth gameplay when it comes to graphic card requirements.
- RAM: At least 1 GB of free memory.
- Storage: To install Roblox on your PC, you’ll need at least 20 GB of space on your storage drive.
Sadly, Linux doesn’t support Roblox. In Windows 8.1, you’ll have to run Roblox in Desktop Mode because Metro mode isn’t available. To run Roblox Client, you can use MacOS 10.10 and MacOS 10.11 to run Roblox Studio.
It may not concern how to allocate more RAM to Roblox, but the information is vital for gamers who play the game on the go using their phones.
If you’re a mobile gamer and want to play Roblox, you must fulfil these system requirements for a smartphone.
- Device: Roblox requires Android 5.0 Lollipop or higher. Apple devices like iPad 2 or higher, iPhone 4s and some others can run Roblox.
- Operating System: To run Roblox, Android 5.0 or later and iOS 9 or later are required.
- Internet: A minimum of 4 to 8 Mb/s internet speed is required to run the game smoothly.
How Do I Know How Much Data Does Roblox Use?
Before we proceed to work on how to allocate more RAM to Roblox, we also need to know how much data does Roblox use. To check that amount, we will present you with two methods for this purpose.
- Open Roblox and select a game that you want to play and run it
- Go to Task Manager by right clicking the Window logo.
- Then go to the Processes tab, and a list of currently running applications will appear on your screen.
- In the Memory section, you can see how much RAM each application uses.
- Find the Roblox app and see its memory usage.
- And if running Roblox from a browser, look for its name.
Checking from task manager will give you a clear idea how to allocate more RAM to Roblox.
- Search “Resource Monitor” in the Windows search bar and open it.
- Go to the Memory tab.
- In the Memory tab, you’ll see the list of process names instead of app names.
- If you’re unable to figure out which one represents the Roblox app. Don’t worry; just right-click on the option and select Search Online to find out what app is being represented.
Finally, you’ll see the amount of RAM the app uses in KB in the private section. It gives a clear idea how much RAM is used and how to allocate more RAM to Roblox.
Here is a video guide of how to allocate more RAM to Roblox and other games:
Frequently Asked Questions – How to Allocate More RAM to Roblox
Does Clearing RAM Delete Anything?
RAM is a volatile memory which stores data temporarily. Clearing it will result in closing all the running programs and applications and restarting all of them. Don’t worry; no sensitive data will be deleted unless you have some sort of unsaved information in an app.
Is 4 GB RAM Enough?
Yes, if you’re if you want to do normal computing like browsing or typing a document. 4 GB is more than enough. But if you’re a gamer, programmer or game developer, then 4 GB is not much. You’ll be required to have at least 8 GB or more.
How Do I Allocate More RAM To Steam Games?
1. Open Steam and choose the game you want to allocate more RAM.
2. Right-click to open properties and find the Launch options below the General.
3. Now, enter the codes, depending on your game, to allocate more RAM to that specific game.
If you don’t know the codes, then search them online and type them in the box.
How to allocate more RAM to Roblox?
There are many ways how to allocate more RAM to Roblox. However, you need to figure out few things before you move ahead to allocate RAM space for the game.
1. Open the game, go back to Task Manager window and click on the “Details” tab.
2. You will find RobloxPlayerBeta.exe as one of the executables running.
3. Right-click on it and hover over “Set priority”. It will show a drop-down menu. Choose “Above normal” or “High.”
It will allocate more of your total RAM to your Roblox games. For more ways how to allocate more RAM to Roblox, read this blog.
There are various methods to how to allocate more RAM to Roblox. Some may work different depending on software format. But most likely they seem to have similar way around. But first, you also need to know how much data does Roblox use.
The guide will act as a comprehensive outlay to solve all the problems that may arise in how to allocate more RAM to Roblox.